Monday, October 31, 2011

Android Cell Phone Start-Up Guide



The aim of this paper is to flatten the learning curve of moving from a regular cell phone or other smartphone on Android Powered phone. I'll go over my experience and mistakes in the hope that it might be useful to others. Of course, your mileage May vary depending on the level of knowledge. I come from Microsoft Windows and Linux desktop background and I am your Windows Mobile phone in the past.

My biggest mistake was I thought that the phone will act more like a desktop computer. Take for example a simple notepad program. I was expecting to open a program, create a document and then save the directory of my choice. Well, two out of three are correct. You can run programs from the application of the tray, which is the same as going to start and then programs in Windows. Then create a document, but instead of saving your work just go back to your phone home screen and the document is automatically saved. That threw me for a loop the first time. I started looking for a save option in all menus and can not fine one. I finally gave up and press the home key, and I saw a few text box saying "saved". Where a document is saved in the program. At least I did not run through the program but who gave you the opportunity to select where files are kept.

Thus, it seems a lot of the normal desktop tasks automatically takes care of Android. Which makes sense since most people do not want to be bothered with small details. In particular, the device is designed to work in motion. But I wanted to know where my files for backup and transfer between devices. Do not get me wrong I do not jadikovanje.Telefon just takes a little getting a little learning. It can be expected when purchasing any new electronic device. There are ways to perform these tasks in a way that makes the most sense for you. Android phones offer great functionality and very extensible. This is possible due to the growing library of applications, but may run on Android.

Setting up Android applications is achieved by going to Google Android Market on your phone or "side loading" them from other websites. Most Android phones to have access to Android Market, but depending on the carrier to set the phone to you May or May not have the ability to side load applications. Tablet devices are more likely not to have access to Android Market, but there are other sources, such as web sites, and the other is called the market AppsLib available. While on the subject of various Android experience they will vary depending on the device you buy. Besides the Android version that comes loaded on the phone manufacturer may modify the operating system as well. For example two of the most popular Android mobile phone manufacturers HTC and Motorola are both adapted version of the user interface. The significance of the phone may differ slightly or offer additional opportunities for mobile phones which operating system Android shares.

The first thing I wanted my phone to do is have the ability to save notes, such as trade and inventories. After looking through the factory-installed applications, I found this option does not exist. Do not worry, as I said before Android is extremely extendable. So I went off to the Google Android Market to find a suitable program. I have found the notepad and came up with over 1095 results!

After some research I decided on a program called Colornote. The program has features such as authentication, backup sdcard and it was free! So I hit the install button and the screen pops up to explain what features of the phone application will need a license to access and modify. For Colornote only need to modify and delete SD card contents. That sounded logical because it would be to store data on SD card. I hit the OK button and got the message the application will be downloaded. In a few seconds to download and install. I jotted down a note and it is automatically saved when I left the program.

As I mentioned earlier I like to know where my files are saved for back-up purposes. The information page for the Android Marketplace Colornote explained that Notepad data is stored in / data / colornote the SD card. I went to find a book, but I could not find anything analogous to the Windows Explorer. I returned to the android market. This time I found a program called Astro File Manager. Again, this program has a free version, but this time it is ad supported. Meaning little text ads will run across the bottom of the screen while using the program. I installed Astro File Manager and was able to browse the contents of my phone. So, as I mentioned before is quite easy to make your Android device with the features you want.

Astro File Manager will require access to System Tools, network communications and storage. Android applications are written by third parties and there is a possibility that a malicious program can be written. When installing a new program, you should always make sure to ask permission to make sense for the type of program you're installing. You should also be wary of applications that require an extraordinary amount of different licenses. For added security, there are several antivirus programs, such as the lookout on Lookout Mobile Security Inc.

end up getting the Android powered phone is a bit different than what I expected. This is exactly when to adopt any type of new technology. For me the effort of learning how to operate the device is well worth it. I am delighted with the flexibility, fun and an amazing variety of applications. With more and more powerful phone comes available some say even take a personal computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment